PDA

View Full Version : big/lil connections

hannahgirl
02-02-2002, 11:48 PM
just wanted to see if anyone had any cute connections with your bigs or lils.
one of my littles and i were paired up last fall during our philanthropy party. we sat and chatted for a while, went on a house tour, and then came back into our informal room to work on our project, which was decorating dog water bowls for seeing-eye dogs (cute idea....it was a lot of fun). we decided to paint one together and as we were painting, we happened to get yellow paint on each other on accident. we busted out laughing but couldn't explain it to anyone else cause they just wouldn't have understood how much it meant. i took her again during pref and i just knew that she would be a DG and that she was totally going to be my lil! when she came down the steps in the common after she recieved her bid, i was overjoyed.
we've kept the "yellow paint" thing going and even on my pillow that she made me, she wrote our names in yellow puffy paint. she's awesome....luv ya meg!

leave your stories....fun flashbacks!
ITB....
Delta Gamma - Eta

lovethedove
09-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry to crash, ya'll but I have a few good stories ;)
Me and my big sis: We're from the same city and didn't know eachother until college. It turns out we had been in the exact same places a few time-her first concert and my first concert was the Boyz II Men concert lol.... and we used to attend Saturday night dances at my middle school when we were younger. We went through job training (we were tutors together...infact our resumes are practially identical lol...same job, activities, internship..) my sophomore year and when we met, we clicked right away and the rest is history :) I miss her dearly now that she's moved away for grad school.

Me and my first lil sis: Again, we're from the same city and finally met in college. I walked her into our recruitment room on philanthropy day, we talked and talked and talked :) We had alot in common and she became my rush crush hehehe I looked for her right away the next day and was thrilled to see her return. I kept telling everyone "she's gonna be my lil sis, I just know it!!"

My last lil sis: She's too cute. Her b/f knew me and my big sis before she joined, so he was super excited when she joined our family. When she came to our COB event she already know who I was because her b/f had told her about me and...she talked to me alot the whole night and asked if I could be her big lol. I don't think she quite realized how things work lol. She asked me two more times a week later lol.

ImaDeeGee
10-13-2006, 08:22 AM
So our Big/Lil reveal is on Wednesday and I am so excited! I am taking my first little and I cannot wait!!! It's so hard for me to see her around the house and to not jump all over her and tell her that she's mine! LOL

No one told me how hard it was on the active side!!!! :D

ImaDeeGee
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
So tonight is the big night of Big/Lil reveal!!!! And I am still just as pumped. Heck yes!

So I was wondering, what are everyone's memories about their reveals? Either when you got your big or little?!?!

When I got my big, the sisters acted like the reveals had been canceled because people weren't there and had to be rescheduled. My pledge class was devestated because we had all bought flowers for our bigs and we thought they were going to die! They had us going for just about the entire night until we were told to reach under our chairs and found our envelopes there!!! It was an excellently pulled off prank and still one of my most favorite memories!!

So go ahead and spill! Share your stories!

WhiteDaisy128
10-23-2006, 09:59 PM
I met my little sister at New Student Orientation. I was working at the Greek Life booth and I saw this cute pair of twins and chased them down to tell them about Greek Life. I remember telling them that some lucky sorority would probably get them both!!

I made it a point at each recruitment party to see both of them (at least to say hi)...then they both attended different preference parties and I preffed them both! Well DG ended up to be that lucky sorority! One of the twins ended up being my Little!!

Big/Little reveal for my chapter is Wednesday night. I'm long since graduated, but it's an event I enjoy going back to each year...it's neat to get a picture of the WHOLE family (all the way back to me, as a Founding Sister). I'm getting a new Great Grand Little and a new Great-Great Grand Little!!

UMDG1873
11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Do y'all have any traditions that your big/lil sis families pass on? Our chapter doesn't do many...but my twin sister's chapter has a ton. She has a ring with the crest on it that has been passed down for 11 big/lil pairs. One of my friends also has a Hannah doll that, on the belly, has all the sisters who have passed down the doll. I think those kinds of things are so great!

AnchorAlumna
11-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Do y'all have any traditions that your big/lil sis families pass on? Our chapter doesn't do many...but my twin sister's chapter has a ton. She has a ring with the crest on it that has been passed down for 11 big/lil pairs. One of my friends also has a Hannah doll that, on the belly, has all the sisters who have passed down the doll. I think those kinds of things are so great!
Wow, those traditions are so neat! Why not start some at your school? A Hannah doll (or Raggedy Ann) isn't that expensive. Good luck!