PDA

View Full Version : I Got It!!!!

AGDLynn
01-18-2002, 07:05 PM
2002 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5 SL (LEATHER PKG), VELVET BEIGE, MOONROOF, ABS BRAKES/SIDE AIRBAG!! WOOWWOW

I was nice to let my hubby drive it off the lot first to work. He's a firm believer in used cars so this is first! Since he's working the noon to 8 pm shift, I didn't want him to get used to a new car at night so I went by after work and traded cars.;) He forgot to give me a house key and I forgot to give him the keys to his car..gee, I did leave him the garage door opener! Luckily he keeps a spare his wallet so I wouldn't have to drive over..about 11 miles.

We had been dealing with a young guy at one dealership a lot farther from our house. We didn't want the Altima that they had so he kept trying to find us one. So...yesterday morning, we decide to stop at Dealer #2 (actually Dealer #7 but that's another story..) closer to our house.. the "locator guy" misinterprets the saleslady's notes and thinks that Grey is our 1st choice so he tracks down a Grey Altima with ABS/side air bags in SC but they can get it delivered until last night....Tom gets him to write down the drive out price and says that we want to doublecheck with Dealer #1 ((we had to go that way anyway to go to the credit union). At Dealer #1, the young salesman isn't there so we get another salesman..turns out they still had the car we test drove the other day..they wouldn't match the 2nd Dealer's price ($500) even though they had the car so we walked out and went to Dealer #2.

When we were at lunch, Dealer #2 said that the young salesman called and wanted to speak to us, lol..when I got home, there was a message on the answering machine from him and said that "he heard what happened, and got the price we wanted approved....GEEE..TOO LATE!! Tom called him today and told him that his manager blew the commission for him.... (By the time we got back to #2, the grey Altima had been sold so he had to go with our "second choice", the beige, boy was he relieved when we told him that was our first choice!!

FYI for those waiting to buy a beige Alimate 2.5 SL with ABS brakes/sideair bags, they are very hard to find!! At least in Atlanta!

:D :D:)

AlphaGam1019
01-18-2002, 07:22 PM
Congrats on your new car!! New cars are so...awesome. lol.

If you're anything like my dad, you'll treat the car like a new born. You'll wash it like every week and wax it too. The thing is...my dad is STILL doing that with his 98 Avalon. lol. Go figure. He always yells at me for not washing my car. :p

Atlanta Toyota knows us pretty well by now. lol We've purchased 4 cars from them so far!

carnation
01-18-2002, 10:31 PM
That car sounds fantastic! Hope to see it in a couple of weeks!:)

greeklawgirl
01-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Lynn, congratulations on the awesome new car! I know you've been looking for a while, so I'm glad you finally got exactly what you wanted.

Happy (and safe) driving!

(PS: Might this *velvet beige* color also be called...buff ? lol :p )

Miami1839
01-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Congrats Lynn! :D

Drive Safe! :)

Lisa Fishman
01-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Wow, Lynn! Your new car sounds great! I hope you enjoy your new Altima as much as I enjoy mine. Have fun and be safe. Lisa

LeslieAGD
01-19-2002, 08:23 AM
Congrats Lynn...new cars are awesome! Don't you love that new car smell? Mmmm!

I myself have made a new purchase...You might have noticed that I have been MIA lately. Well, first the internet went down for two weeks and then the screen on my laptop blacked out (most likely the video cartridge). So, I have been without a computer for at least a week and have been practically living at the library! So...I went scouting last night and fell in love with a brand new model HP laptop! :D Of course, Circuit City was out of it because it's practically flying off the shelves and it takes at least 7-10 days to ship, yikes! :mad: I was almost willing to settle for a similar, lower grade model, but then I went over to Best Buy to comparison shop and they also had my HP model...unfortunately, it was also out of stock. :( However, Best Buy ships in only four days regardless of weekend or holiday!!! Woopeee!!! So, my laptop should be in on Tuesday but I'll be at school so I won't actually get it until thursay, but I am so excited!

AGDLynn
01-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Velvet Beige is more like lite gold.

BTW, I forgot to mention that when I traded cars with hubby, he had left a red rose for me..luckily the weather was cold enough so it was in great shape.

I am supposed to get the tag application in a couple of weeks. These are the choices I've decided on

AGDSQL
AGDWGC
AN AGD ((Hubby likes this one)
AGD100
AGSQWL
AGDPRL

Last night, hubby wanted to test out the lights so at 9, we went to the grocery store since I wasn't brave enough on the way home..Friday afternoon crowds :D

It's supposed to stay cold and rainy today so it's a tough choice..do I go drive the car or hibernate until tomorrow when it's supposed to be drier and warmer, lol!

AlphaGam1019
01-19-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by AGDLynn
It's supposed to stay cold and rainy today so it's a tough choice..do I go drive the car or hibernate until tomorrow when it's supposed to be drier and warmer, lol!

hibernate!!

AGDLynn
01-19-2002, 08:01 PM
We went out to do some stuff and had lunch at a new Mex. rest. and came home to hibernate! Tomorrow, the rain is supposed to be gone! Oh, did I mention it's got a 20 gallon fuel tank? ! ;) :) :)

jeannine
01-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Congrats!
Leslie reminded me of that new car smell, my favorite!

Ever heard that ad where the guy thinks that his girl is crazy because she wants a new car every two years because she likes that new car smell?

Just thought I would mention it!

AlphaGam1019
01-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Well, first the internet went down for two weeks and then the screen on my laptop blacked out (most likely the video cartridge).

This happened to my laptop-- only my screen went all white. Most likely, I busted it from the times I've dropped it :o I never had the opportunity to get it fixed but it seems useless cause it's only a PI 166!

LeslieAGD
01-19-2002, 09:02 PM
Well, I've had my original laptop for four years now and this is the second time the screen has blacked out. The first time, Compaq fixed it for free...but that was before all the computer companies stopped including screen repair on the warranty.

But, the good news is that another Best Buy store had my computer in stock so I picked it up this morning!!! Woo hoo!!! Of course, I spent all day configuring my computer and neglecting my homework, but it was worth it! :)

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 12:13 AM
New computers rock! :0) I bet you are all excited about it! I miss the convenience of having a laptop!

AGDLynn
01-20-2002, 09:32 AM
Tom bought a $50 laptop at a garage sale a couple of years ago. The guy had wanted $100. Tom had to come home and get the checkbook. By the time he got back, the guy had dropped the price. He probably thought that the "problem' was worse than it was, but Tom said a couple of wires needed tightened or something.

It looks several years old so the software is outdated. I don't want to put too much $$ in it upgrading. I do love the idea of a laptop. Depending on how finances go, maybe I can get one next Fall if I find I may need it.

For Christmas, I got one of those "wireless" mouses. Unfortunately, I thought it was going to be like a remote control. It sort of is, but you have to put a solid surface under it..so walking around with a mouse in one hand and a book/mousepad in the other looks kinda stupid! :)

LeslieAGD
01-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Lynn, prices for laptops are starting to go down a bit if you're willing to go without some of the extras...for example, if you don't need a dvd/cd-writer and can live with an Intel Celeron or AMD processer instead of the brand new Pentium III, then you can get a quality laptop for $1,000.

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Prices are always dropping as technology advances! I remember my parents spending $2,000 on that PI 166 for me!

This desktop Dell computer that I'm using now-- P3 733 is slightly outdated now and I got about a year and a half ago! :p

By the way, my Laptop was a Toshiba...Toshiba make GREAT laptops!

LeslieAGD
01-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019
By the way, my Laptop was a Toshiba...Toshiba make GREAT laptops!

Really? I've never really cared for Toshiba. My first laptop was a Compaq and my new one is an HP.

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 03:25 PM
This was back in '98. I admit I haven't kept up in the laptop market! lol.

I will say I can't stand those touchscreens that serve as mouses-- I like the point in the middle of the keyboard.

Unregistered-
01-20-2002, 03:40 PM
I hate to stray from the original subject of this thread...but I just wanted to share with y'all what I got yesterday.

Yesterday, after enduring an hour and a half slumped over in a chair, I finally got the new tattoo I've been waiting for. It's been almost 3 years since I got my last one, but I wanted to get another one to signify the way my life's been going recently.

I'll take a picture of it as soon as the redness and scabbing goes away, but I'll try to describe it in great detail. It's on my lower back area and it's a little smaller than a 4x6 index card. Yup folx, it's pretty big. It's a blue and white fluttering butterfly on a tribal design. I also got another Japanese Kanji character added to the two I already have. "Dad" was added to "Love" and "Mom" yesterday.

I'll probably get yelled at by my mother...but I know she'll get over it.

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 03:45 PM
Sandy,

Here's a stupid and common question, but I have to ask: Did it hurt? Some people have such a high threshold for pain, so it doesn't bother them as much. Just curious!

Unregistered-
01-20-2002, 03:50 PM
The first one I got didn't hurt too much, but then again it was an 1/8 of what I got yesterday. Different parts of the body are more sensitive than others and that determines how much pain you have to suffer.

I'm one of those people that have a high threshold for pain (broken bones, sprained stuff, slipped discs, you name it), but I have to admit...I almost passed out yesterday. :eek:

AGDLynn
01-20-2002, 06:47 PM
I think the thread is changing to be "I got it...whatever it is.!":)

I'll pass on the laptop until I really really need one. I too don't like the touchpad..pretty soon, criminals won't have legible fingerprints b/c they used too many touchscreens, lol.

I took the car for a longer drive than I anticipated. I drove about 30 minutes to go to see "Kate and Leopold". Got there about 30 minutes early b/c I wasn't sure how long it would take me..((There's only 1 passing lane on the 2 lane road.)) Anway, after I sat in the car for about 20 minutes, I got out and went to the ticket window and found out that movie wasn't showing due to technical difficulties so I took the long away home, went and bought a book and came home. Tom wasn't that impressed with his motorcycle show either.

Oh well..it stopped raining..
;)

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 07:07 PM
you took the long way home because it was in your new car right? :D

LeslieAGD
01-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Lynn...I love touchpad pointers!!! I can't stand those eraser type knobs that stick out in the middle of the keyboard.

Sandy...I have wanted a tattoo for a long time but I think I am too much of a wimp.

A little off the subject, but does anyone an "AGD" related tattoo?

Lisa Fishman
01-20-2002, 11:24 PM
To add to the "I got it!" list. I got a digital camera for my bday Fri. night. As soon as I figure out how to use the camera and software I will post or e-mail you guys a picture of me. I have seen pictures of a couple of you all, so I figure I will share too.

AlphaGam1019
01-20-2002, 11:28 PM
I know a few sisters that have red and buff roses and E. Pi on their back! :eek:

I like the eraser knobs as a mouse on a laptop. I guess it's a matter of getting use it the touchscreen I suppose!

Lisa: what KIND of digital cam did you get?! :)

LeslieAGD
01-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Lisa, welcome to the "i got it" club! ;)

Lisa Fishman
01-21-2002, 10:05 AM
It's a Kodak.

squirrely girl
01-21-2002, 10:10 AM
i've already got two tattoos (heart on my chest and a butterfly on my back) but i really think i'd love to get some kinda of Alpha Gam related tattoo eventually. i think something to do with the letters or EII would be cool. ah well.

marissa

AlphaGam1019
01-21-2002, 11:49 AM
There was a big stink about getting a tattoo of something related to the sorority...like you can be brought up on standards. I'm pretty neutral to the topic, but some sisters put up a big stink about it!

greeklawgirl
01-21-2002, 01:05 PM
I don't think that I would have a problem with a tattoo of a red/buff rose or a little squirrel. I'm not so sure about something like the actual letters, E-Pi or the Armorial Bearings, though. Those are symbols that have a very specific meaning, that I don't think belong on a tattoo. The squirrel or a rose are a more *general,* yet recognizable, way to show your AGD pride.

Does that make any sense? lol, I'm confusing myself now. :p

AGDLynn
01-21-2002, 01:13 PM
I have to agree with Maria. I don't think that it would be appropriate for certain specific symbols to be a tattoo even if it is over your heart.

I'm not sure where you are planning to put your tattoo, but a visible squirrel or red/buff rose would let other sisters know.

They'd have to make sure I was definitely under the influence of something have the amorial bearings on a tattoo...that's a lot of ink and pain!

UMgirl
01-21-2002, 01:14 PM
I dont think you can be brought to standards b/c one of the LA's who holds a good position has a AGD tattoo on her boob! :)

If I did get a tat with AGD on it, itd be a small one on my lower back with AGD and a red and buff rose coming out diagnol from either side.

AlphaGam1019
01-21-2002, 01:34 PM
I guess they were more concerned about the E Pi on the tattoo. I believe one sister has it on her shoulder, one has it below her neck-- on her back.

Tonya: what exactly does the LA have on her boob? Is it the actual AGD greek letters or something else?

AGDLynn
01-22-2002, 08:42 PM
And how do you know it was on her boob?? LOL!;)

I had my first new car panic tonight, lol! I had about 4 gallons left and drove up to the gas station near my house. I couldn't get the gas cap off and felt kinda stupid llike everyone was watching me..actually I don't anyone could tell..so I went home and played with it until it finally came off. Darn thing was soo slippery, I couldn't get a grip on it. Went back to get gas..at 89 cents a gal, I payed about $15 for 16 gallons of gas. According to the "Miles to Empty", that's about 466 miles.

greeklawgirl
01-22-2002, 09:05 PM
.89 cents a gallon?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm moving to Georgia, lol.

AlphaGam1019
01-22-2002, 09:29 PM
It's gone down to $.74 a couple of times here in Valdookie! :p

Gotta love GA-- cheapest gas prices in the country!

UMgirl
01-22-2002, 10:34 PM
lol@Lynn

Ok, the the tattoo is just AGD, but the greek letters. Cant remember if she go them in color, but for some reason I think she did.

Ok, but we get suspicous about why my chapter was looking at a boob one night, she showed us :D. Its on like the top part where your breast start, but more down in the middle. When she started to pull down the collar of her shirt, we were like " whoa, wait a min...lil to much info." But it wasnt the actual boob part and she didnt have to pull her shirt collar down that far for us to see.

The1calledTKE
01-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by greeklawgirl
.89 cents a gallon?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm moving to Georgia, lol.

I remember California gas prices. Horrible!! All the dang taxes to cover polution and what not.

greeklawgirl
03-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Well, girls, I finally have something to add to this list!

I have to backtrack a little bit so y'all can understand the story. Over Valentine's Day, I gave Sean a check (very personal, I know, lol) so he could go pick out a new 32" TV that he has been talking about for months now. Well, we've been so busy that we haven't gone out looking for one.

I get home last night and I'm cooking dinner in the kitchen (Cajun Grilled Shrimp, dontchya know, Nina ;) ) and Sean comes home from work. He comes in to kiss me hello and hands me a remote control. I'm so out of it, I say to him..."Oh, that's nice, a new universal remote!" :rolleyes:

And he busts out laughing and he shows me the manual:
A NEW 42" PROJECTION SCREEN DIGITAL TV! :D

And the best part is...it doesn't fit our old entertainment unit (which I HATE with a passion), so we went out furniture shopping last night for something to fit the new TV! :cool:

I am just loving life right now, lol!

LeslieAGD
03-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Maria, congrats on your new tv and entertainment center! I probably would have been confused with the remote too!

AGDLynn
03-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Holy Toldedo!! 42 inches..I could watch from next door, lol! But something tells me one is in our future if we get a larger house..no time soon!

Buff Rose
03-13-2002, 01:52 PM
I am Nina's chapter sister with the Epsilon Pi tattoo on my shoulder blade. I has a red and buff rose crossed and epsilon on one side and pi on the other. I don't see anything wrong with it. I waited a year to get initiated and couldn't wait to find out what Alpha Gam stood for. So, about a month afterwards I got the tat. That was about 3 years ago and I don't regret ever getting it.

Also, to Sandy. If you think an hour and a half is bad, try two three hour sittings for one tattoo. My husband has just had his first of two sittings for a half sleeve. The first is for only the outline and the second to color everything in.
Ouch!!

Erin

Katey Alpha Gam
03-14-2002, 12:08 AM
I love geckos and I was going to get a red yellow and green gecko tattoo with him holding a lacrosse stick (I play lacrosse) but I think now, I'd just get red and buff roses

Unregistered-
03-14-2002, 12:20 AM
I realized that I posted a link to my tattoo in the CC forum, but I don't think I posted it here: Sandy's new butterfly (http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sdegala/dscf0020.jpg)

I apologize now because the quality of the pic isn't that great... ahd the photo was taken a few days after, so the skin looks like it's starting to scab. It's pretty much healed by now!

LeslieAGD
03-14-2002, 08:52 AM
Sandy, your tattoo almost looks like two pieces. Did you have the butterfly put on top of the heart?

Unregistered-
03-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Sandy, your tattoo almost looks like two pieces. Did you have the butterfly put on top of the heart?

Actually, the whole design is just one design. A lot of people pointed out that the top of the tribal looks like a heart. I didn't really notice it until other people told me!

AGDLynn
04-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Got it just in time for IRD/Family Day. Now I have to careful how I drive esp. on a campus that has AGD. ;) :D