PDA

View Full Version : i'm hooked

PhiMuNursie
12-27-2001, 05:32 PM
I'm new to this, but I started reading everyone's alumni initiation stories and I'm hooked on listening to the upcoming news! I am so glad things seem to be working out for everyone and think it's great that even after college people are still interested in joining a chapter.

Congratulations to ya'll and please keep updating your stories!

---to practice day by day
love, honor, truth---

Tom Earp
12-27-2001, 05:43 PM
Please fill in the holes! Are you a member of a Soroity, or want to become an Alum Initiate?:confused:

PhiMuNursie
12-27-2001, 08:55 PM
Ok, sorry! Like I said I'm new and didn't think to include info about me. Anyway, yes, I am an active Phi Mu. I graduate in May and I'm really sad about leaving my college Phi Mu days behind. I'm trying now to find a way to stay active as an alum come May.

So, like I said, I'm just really impressed by people who still want to be active in a chapter after college is over. Obviously I love Phi Mu and I'm finding it one of the hardest things to let go of, besides my typical college fun and freedom ;). So to everyone that is still eager to join a chapter, I give you credit and am happy that there's people out in the "real world" who realize how valuable sorority or fraternity membership can be.

KillarneyRose
12-27-2001, 10:04 PM
Welcome to GreekChat! It is a lot of fun as well as highly addictive :)

Don't forget to check out the Phi Mu board on this site. There aren't a ton of Phi Mus here, but the ones that are seem like really cool ladies!

CutiePie2000
12-27-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by PhiMuNursie
I started reading everyone's alumni initiation stories and I'm hooked on listening to the upcoming news!

Glad to hear that you are interested in all the Prospective Alumnae Initiates! It *is* cool to hear about those who went Greek post-college! :)
I sure was happy when I was initiated! :D

dzrose93
12-28-2001, 11:00 AM
Welcome to GreekChat and congratulations on your upcoming graduation! If you'd like to become involved with a Phi Mu alumnae chapter in your area but don't know where to start, be sure to contact your National Headquarters. They can probably put you in touch with an alumnae group in your area. And, if there isn't one available, can tell you how to go about starting one! :)

Trust me when I say that you will have SO much fun as an alumna! I've been out of school for about 4 years now and am currently a member of 3 DZ alumnae chapters - 2 in Atlanta and one DZ internet chat group that includes over 300 sisters from around the world. :) You have no idea how much I look forward to my Atlanta meetings each month and how much I enjoy talking to my sisters living all over the place - from right here in Georgia to Hawaii to France and Germany!

Please let us know how you're doing, and if you have any questions about becoming a Greek alum!

PhiMuNursie
12-28-2001, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much for the advice on all the alumni fun I have to look forward to! I'll have to look into all the alumni groups. Anyway, hope everything is great with all my new greek friends!

Tara

love, honor, truth---

deltaphi94
01-04-2002, 10:26 PM
PhiMuNursie.....
I've been alum since '97, and I miss it so much! I FINALLY contacted a couple of our alumnae chapters, but haven't heard about any meetings yet. On the up side, there should be one in my area in the next few weeks, so I'm beyond excited....

__________________________________________________ __

Celebrating 150 years..... 1852-2002

AGDLynn
01-05-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I heard that Phi Mu was moving their headquarters into Peachtree City, GA..about 10 miles from me..wonder if it is in my hubby's office building....hmm...I'll tell him to look out for lots of Ladybugs!

As an Alumnae Chapter Officer, I definitely say get involved!! Too many Alumnae groups of all types are "going inactive" because members have less time/lose interest/move, etc.

Getting involved with the collegiate chapter(s) can make you feel young and old at the same time, lol.;)

shadokat
01-05-2002, 10:14 PM
PhiMuNursie--

I know how you feel about leaving. I graduated in 1996 and I was so sad to leave my collegiate days behind. At first, I didn't know what was out there with regards to being an alumnae, so I didn't do anything. A couple years ago though, I thought maybe I'd see what the HQs had to offer. So, I called them up, and now I'm a regional advisor, the primary advisor for our newest colony, and a member of our web team and national magazine team. I have learned so much more being active as an alumnae and have met women from all over the country and Canada who are D Phi Es. I've made marvelous friends and plenty of new sisters, while still being involved and keeping close to my own chapter sisters.

Even though your college years are ending, a lifetime of sisterhood awaits through your sorority. Contact your HQs to find out about alumnae associations and volunteer opportunities. You can even apply to be a travelling consultant for Phi Mu.

Good luck :)

PhiMuNursie
01-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all the additional info about alumni involvement! There's so much more out there than I ever thought!

I love being involved and love to see others do also after their collegiate days! Ya'll are such a positive influence for me to remain greek for life.

Thanks!

Tara

love, honor, truth---

deltaphi94
01-06-2002, 12:30 AM
You know, I tried the chapter association after going alum. Unfortunately, mine is no longer active. I remarried last year and moved to a new part of the state. Since then, I've been an at home mom, and I STILL don't know many people I'm not related to. If it weren't for finding an alumnae chapter close by, I would go completely insane.... lol