PDA

View Full Version : Not doing too well!

Unregistered-
12-18-2001, 11:14 PM
Alrighty folx.

It's finals week at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and as if that isn't bad enough, yours truly is suffering from yet another sinus infection and bronchitis.

This morning I woke up with a slight fever and despite feeling like crap I still made it to work at 8. Got off work at 1:00 and made my way to start my Xmas shopping. I felt bad about waiting till after Xmas for gifts...so I tapped into the savings a bit. I didn't get home from the mall until almost 8. At least half my shopping's done.

Anyway, now I'm at home...it's a little after Midnight in Hawaii and I'm trying to study for my Public Policy final tomorrow. It's hard to study when your head feels like it's going to explode.

I can't believe I have to go through this three more times this week!

Hope your week is going better than mine.

LIEP,
Sandy

PKTSU01
12-18-2001, 11:16 PM
:(
Someone get this girl chicken soup and a massage quick!

AlphaGam1019
12-18-2001, 11:25 PM
Sandy,

I hope you feel better soon! You are such a busy girl. Just think that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel- after finals you are home free! I went through the hell last week and survived it. You'll do great!! Heads up!

LIEP,
Nina

greeklawgirl
12-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Sandy, take lots of Vitamin C, drink lots of fluids, and try to get some sleep! Feel better soon, hon!

Lisa Fishman
12-19-2001, 08:04 AM
Sandy, Feel better soon! Lisa

canadajen
12-19-2001, 12:52 PM
Sandy ... I had bronchitis & walking pneumonia for just under two months at the end of school in the spring (april & may) ... i know how you must be feeling :(

I ended up postponing two of my exams until I was better & that really helped ... I didn't have to stress over them & ended up feeling better sooner (at least I think I did!) ... essentially, have you thought about postponing them? is that even a possibility?

just my thoughts ... get well soon hon ... we're all wishing you the best :D

liEP, Jen

UMgirl
12-19-2001, 01:55 PM
Hope you feel better Sandy :D

AGDLynn
12-19-2001, 07:35 PM
Sandy...you are in HAWAII, lol!! While the rest of us are freezing or getting ready to! (Hope the Tenn. mtns don't freeze next week.)

Can't you take a nice plump pillow and blanket and huddle under the sun? ((It's been cloudy here the last couple of days.))

Seriously, I do hope you feel better. When I had strep throat a few weeks ago, I couldn't keep anything down except popsicles for 4.5 days.

Take care!
LIEP,
Lynn

Unregistered-
12-20-2001, 11:00 PM
Hey gang...thanks for all the words of comfort!

Just a quick update...

I ended up missing my Public Policy final because of my 102.8 fever. My dear mother had to stay home from work just to make sure that I ate and took my meds. Ask yourself this question... "When was the last time YOUR mother had to spoon-feed you?" That's how bad it was.

I called my prof and left him a msg and he called back saying that he'd email me a copy of the final and that I had until 12 noon Friday to turn it in to his mailbox with a doctor's note. Apparently I wasn't the only one near death on exam day. 3 others were also bitten by the bug.

I took my Ed Leadership final yesterday because I was somewhat well enough to go. I think I did okay on it.

In addition to the one that's due tomorrow I still have my AMST final to take. I'm not a 100% better yet, but at least I have the meds (or should I say narcs!) to make me feel better.

On a side note, the guy I've been "talking" to for the past few weeks didn't call me for a long time...and then he decides to call me to go out when I have finals and near-death (don't you love how I exaggerate?). At first I was totally attracted to him because #1 he's hot...#2 he's comes from a well-known family locally...#3 he's a sports reporter/weekend anchor for a local news station. I've been thinking about it now...and I realized he isn't all that...and if he was, he would've called me last week when I was healthy. Ugh. I'm gonna take a break from the meat market for the time being.

greeklawgirl
12-21-2001, 12:23 AM
Sandy,

Glad to hear you're (sort of) feeling better! You'll be up and at 'em in no time at all. And as for the guy--play the field, for goodness sake! I'm telling you, its the best thing to do. I found Sean at a time in my life when I was only dating to have fun! I'm a firm believer in the idea that big things happen when you are not looking for them to happen.

Case in point: I leave a happy, well-adjusted GC for one week. I come back, and all hell has broken loose. See what I mean? :p

AlphaGam1019
12-21-2001, 11:03 AM
That means you should never leave GC for that long again Maria! lol. Woo, your at ur 500th post!