PDA

View Full Version : Another badge is up on ebay...

winnieb
12-17-2001, 01:14 AM
There is another badge up for auction on ebay. The item number is 1049434693. There is no picture but she describes it as a gold AGD. She also mentions the precious symbols that are enscribed on the back. It also has a Gamma Beta chapter gaurd with a dangle that apprears to be a scroll. The minimum bid is set at $49.99--- hopefully it will end up in the correct hands.

-Wendi

squirrely girl
12-17-2001, 07:11 AM
while i always hope that these badges end up in the hands of an alpha gam, i also wish that there were a way to ignore some of these darn auctions. these gosh darn mean people (best wording without cursing) don't deserve the money that they make on these badges. sometimes i just wish that nobody would bid on it and then they'd be forced to give up and (yeah right) mail it back to IHQ. i know, in my dreams, but i can always hope. until then, as usual, i'll be keeping an eye on it, and bidding if i have to.

LIEP,
marissa

hawaiiagd
12-18-2001, 01:49 PM
I agree... it is frustrating to know these people make big money off of items that don't belong to them. I've "rescued" several badges off of ebay, and it tears my heart out everytime I have to write the check to some random out trying to make a few bucks. The only thing that sets my mind at ease is that the badge will not fall into the hands of a collector or other non-member.

I suspect this most recent badge up for bid is being sold by a member (or at least someone who used to be.) I tried sending her an e-mail asking her how she came across the badge and if anything on the back identified the previous owner. Her response was only that there is a number on the back too small to read. Her past auctions include used Alpha Gam items... like T-shirts. If she isn't an Alpha Gam, she must have come across a lot from a roommate, friend, relative, etc...

It's so sad to think of a sister "dumping" her Alpha Gam stuff...either on someone or on ebay.

I've been keeping my eye on it as well.

Loyally,
Mai Ly

winnieb
12-18-2001, 05:30 PM
I also emailed her-requested a picture of the badge and asked where she go it from-or any history. She tried to email the picture, but it did not come thru--and she did not even attempt to answer my question.
But I had a friend check her profile on aol (as that is where her email came from)--and she is a Chi O at FSU ( i believe my friend said she was alum-according to her profile). Another Greek selling our badge--how sad. But the description mentions that the badge has a Gamma Beta chapter gaurd-- our Gamma Beta chapter is at FSU. I wonder if she got this stuff off of her roommate or something.
Hopefully someone can save it.

LIEP-
Wendi

AlphaGam1019
12-18-2001, 05:46 PM
That *IS* horrible. I suppose people love to profit no matter what. :p

AGDLynn
12-18-2001, 09:59 PM
I "vaguely" remember someone from here telling me that a FSU AGD was selling stuff on ebay. Maybe this is her roomie??? Oh the possibilities!

If it is true that the seller is a Chi O or whatever the Greek organization, then I guess they don't have much regard for their own badge/pin/traditions, etc.

squirrely girl
12-20-2001, 01:28 AM
since i usually keep an eye on alpha gam badges for sale on ebay, this one wasn't any different. but, i checked today and apparently she's taken of the market like 3 days early claiming that it's no longer available for sale. ah well. who knows. just thought i'd pass the info on.

marissa