PDA

View Full Version : Rivals

DeltaBetaBaby
11-29-2001, 06:06 PM
Do any of your chapters have a rival on campus? One house that you are always competing with and always want to outdo?

PhiMuJennaJen20
11-29-2001, 09:45 PM
We only have five sororities here. We don't really compete with anyone, since we're all so unique. There is one sorority that the other four HATE...because they're, well, mean...but other than that, we get along. (For the most part!!) Recruitment week isn't that bad either. No eye scratching or gouging between sororities. It's quite nice here! :D

deltaphi94
12-31-2001, 02:56 PM
I've been alum for a while, but there was one chapter on my campus that we seemed to have some kind of competition with. Mostly around rush...

Jannamique
01-10-2002, 10:09 PM
My chapter definitely has a rival on our campus, even though there are only 4 sororities on campus. As individual people, most of us get along, but our houses are always in competition for girls during Rush and Greek Week. Last year, the competition got so fierce during Greek Week that there was nearly a brawl on the basketball court!

betapsigirl
01-10-2002, 11:20 PM
There were four sororities on our campus... now only three. We all hated the one that recently got de-recognized. But they're still around, with a house, and we'll probably have problems with them for years to come. :(

lionlove
01-11-2002, 10:16 AM
There are three other houses on our campus. One we hate to the point where there can be violence during greek week events. Another one we like because they help us with an event during greek week and the third we're pretty neutral about but generally don't like. I hear that our panhell reps all get along really well though so I guess that's good.

Jannamique
01-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey Lionlove,
I think you lived across the hall from me last year :). I hope things are going well with you right now and that you have a fabulous semester in France (I'm missing you for a whole year!) Talk to you soon!
LIOB,
Michelle :D

lionlove
01-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Hey Michelle!

Thanks for your message. I already miss you all and I haven't even left yet. Good luck this semester.

Love,
Claire

PhiMuJewels
01-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Since we're new on campus, we don't have any rivals yet, but today at initiation, some alum from other chapters were talking about wanting to out-do ADPi with our 150th anniversary celebrations since thiers were last year. They acted like ADPi was a rival. At Mizzou, were are pretty tight with ADPi. We think it's pretty cool that we were founded at the same university, and both of our mascots are lions.