PDA

View Full Version : Loss of a sister Penn State SDT

bamaSDT
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
While i didn't know Courtney personally my thoughts and prayers are with the family and my sisters at penn state

Sending SigDelt Love their way from rho chapter at Alabama!!!

http://onwardstate.com/2011/12/03/one-student-dead-three-injured-in-canning-trip-crash/

33girl
12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Naturally, this (I mean the comments on the story) gets turned into another diatribe about the evils of canning. :rolleyes:

Everyone who wants to say that canning trips are dangerous needs to remember there are just as many college students out on the road - same time, same amount of people in the car - going to Big State U to drink, or going back home to get some HTH nookie. To blame this on canning is asinine.

My sympathies to all Courtney's friends and family at Penn State.

amIblue?
12-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Prayers for her family and friends.

33girl - what is canning?

ellebud
12-06-2011, 12:19 AM
I sent my message of condolence via pm to 33girl.

I also asked what canning was. My first thought: canning peaches? 33girl told me that it is a fundraiser where kids take cans and ask for money for their charity. The money is put in the cans.

But in public: My deepest condolences to the family, friends and sisters.

ASTalumna06
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Prayers for her family and friends.

33girl - what is canning?

http://www.thon.org/students/fundraising_resources/canning

Collecting money in cans.. basically. Students do this ALL OVER, including on the sides of roads while cars are stopped at lights/intersections. At least, this is what I used to do when I collected money for THON.

DEVODUDE
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
My prayers go out to the family and sisters of Sigma Delta Tau.

ZBT:"Honoring the Past, Celebrating the Present & Imapcting the Future."

LionTamer
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
So sorry to hear about this. These young people were doing something good - there was no alcohol or nonsense involved, they simply hit black ice while en route to do some collecting for the Dance Marathon.

It's been a bad year at Penn State, and my heart goes out to her family, her friends, and her sorority sisters.