PDA

View Full Version : Parents weekend

The1calledTKE
11-26-2001, 02:58 PM
What do you guys do on your parents weekend for the fraternity? Usually we have a dinner banquet, a father /son softball game, and socialize at the fraternity house having a few drinks.

TKEcanuck341
11-26-2001, 03:47 PM
We're supposed to have a parents weekend? Uh oh. Gotta talk to some of the guys and set it up. We haven't had a parents weekend in almost 3 years, and we were reestablished as a colony in 98.

Colin P.

The1calledTKE
11-26-2001, 03:50 PM
I don't think its required but all the chapters I know have it. Its a good idea and helps parents understand the fraternity life better. My chapter usually gives out the chapter awards at the banquet so we can share the great moments with the parents.

GmuTeke
11-26-2001, 10:08 PM
we don't do parent's weekend in my chapter. it just seems like a powder keg waiting to happen. too many great stories start with "well we were bored and..."

do the parents really want to hear about our antics?

The1calledTKE
11-26-2001, 11:52 PM
Some of the parents would suprize you. If you thinkyour parents would freak out about the fraternity don't invite them. We have had several parents get drunk with us and one mother even tried to flirt with the guys! The brother who had the flirting mother never lived that one up. lol

GmuTeke
11-27-2001, 12:07 AM
ooooooh man, if one of my bro's moms flirted with the guys, we would NEVER let him down. we make enough jokes about poor frater john's mom as it is.