PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Ep "Say Anything"

ohMycron
12-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Feel free to say whatever you would like, about anything, here.

I am very sick of Christmas Shopping. I have about ten more people to shop for and they are always the most difficult on my list. What do you get people who already have whatever they want?

I will probably just end up getting the women I have left lotion, soaps, candles. There is no "catch all" for men, so I hope I come up with something soon.

AOEforme
12-15-2010, 06:15 PM
The power keeps going out and I have a Biochemistry final on Friday at 6:50 AM and a Nutrition final! The nutrition final is my entire grade in nutrition. Consequently, I would like to be able to read my text.... and I can't!

I'm very annoyed because there is no feasible reason for the power to be out and it has been for the past hour and a half...

OHNOITSJESS
01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
i just made yummy almond & dark chocolate crepes with a side of oranges.
super yummy :)

AOEforme
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
hurrah for the bump. I forgot about this.

My insides are currently eating me alive (yes, that's correct doctor language :D )

AOEforme
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I had the WORST travel experience.

Way home: flight canceled twenty minutes after I recieved a phone call saying the flight was on time; rerouted through two cities; flight in final city delayed by hours; got on tarmac and flight was further delayed; Nazi flight attendant would not let me call fiance to tell him I would be late as "the cabin doors were closed" (we were sitting at the gate); one suitcase was lost

Way back: accidentally forgot I had a bottle of Tanqueray in my carry-on and it was confiscated (that was all my fault :D ); almost missed first flight; first flight is delayed on tarmac for de-icing; first flight lands and sits on the runway for twenty minutes because "our gate isn't ready"; consequently I have to make it from A1 to D22 in 10 minutes; I make it; my bags don't.

The next day I got a call from the airport that my bags were ready for pick-up. Only one was there. The other one was in Roanoke. (At least they were close) Why? I don't know and either do they. It went through Alberta, CA, Alaska, texas, and back through roanoke before getting back to me.

Finally, I paid $60 to check my bags so I applied for a reimbursement. I get a e-mail today that says they have no record of me paying, so I can't be reimbursed.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

NEVER, EVER FLY DELTA.

Rubberduckie
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I had the WORST travel experience.

Way home: flight canceled twenty minutes after I recieved a phone call saying the flight was on time; rerouted through two cities; flight in final city delayed by hours; got on tarmac and flight was further delayed; Nazi flight attendant would not let me call fiance to tell him I would be late as "the cabin doors were closed" (we were sitting at the gate); one suitcase was lost

Way back: accidentally forgot I had a bottle of Tanqueray in my carry-on and it was confiscated (that was all my fault :D ); almost missed first flight; first flight is delayed on tarmac for de-icing; first flight lands and sits on the runway for twenty minutes because "our gate isn't ready"; consequently I have to make it from A1 to D22 in 10 minutes; I make it; my bags don't.

The next day I got a call from the airport that my bags were ready for pick-up. Only one was there. The other one was in Roanoke. (At least they were close) Why? I don't know and either do they. It went through Alberta, CA, Alaska, texas, and back through roanoke before getting back to me.

Finally, I paid $60 to check my bags so I applied for a reimbursement. I get a e-mail today that says they have no record of me paying, so I can't be reimbursed.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

NEVER, EVER FLY DELTA.

That is just awful.:eek:

I hope you get reimbursed.

I want school to start again. I am always sick of school by the time the semester ends and I am always sick of home by about three weeks into break.

ohMycron
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
This weather is driving me insane. I am waiting patiently for spring, but it needs to come much sooner.

OHNOITSJESS
01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
i like that we got a warmer day today :)

I love lace tights. now if i had a pair of cute boots to go with it it would be awesome. oh well flats it is :)

AOEforme
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
i like that we got a warmer day today :)

I love lace tights. now if i had a pair of cute boots to go with it it would be awesome. oh well flats it is :)

I wish I could pull off lace tights. I tried and it was an epic, epic fail.

AOEforme
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I just got a guard for my new badge. :) (Badge hasn't come yet, but I ordered a new one as a Christmas present to myself.)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/AOEforme/desktop.png

OHNOITSJESS
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
ooooh :) what kind of badge? irony, i have a badge question for you. check your pm

AOEforme
01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
I got the four point with sapphires. :)

AwesOmE_Girl
01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Oooh! I love your letter guard AOEforme! I was JUST looking on HJ at the gaurds, wanting one. Let us know how the sapphires look in real life, I was wondering.

AOEforme
01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I will! I'll make sure to take a photo of it, when it comes.

Rubberduckie
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
I love this weather! I hope it stays this nice.

AOEforme
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
I am SO tired today. I have had like 6 cups of coffee and I am still sleepy

AOEforme
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Sometimes, I'm really glad I'm an alumna.

OHNOITSJESS
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM
i hope i can work up the nerve to ask the guy i fancy to our formal :/ and he says yes.

if not i asked my best guy friend to be a possible back up :)

AOEforme
02-22-2011, 11:30 AM
I'd take you ;)

I hope you work up the nerve! At worst, he says he can't make it and you'll have a wonderful time with your guy friend.

ohMycron
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
I was awake way too early this morning.

AOEforme
03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
1. The internet has been down at school for hours, which was annoying when I needed to get lecture material from our server.
2. I was super pumped this morning. I got up at 5:30 so I'd have time to work out, even through I have three huge exams on Monday and stepped in the bathroom....... only to find my socks soaking wet. Our toilet had decided to start leaking everywhere.

WHY TODAY?

OHNOITSJESS
03-05-2011, 07:59 PM
i started studying for safety.... the somehow watched a bunch of maury. seriously, you'd think seeing paternity tests and lie detector results over and over would get boring.....

Now I'm watching hockey with my favorite team playing my cousins fav. team.

GO BRUINS :)

OHNOITSJESS
03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
HE SAID YES :) i'm going to my first formal-type event ever (i didn't go to prom, homecoming etc.). and i have a date :D

EEEEEK :D

ETA: But the bruins lost to their rivals the Canadiens. :(

But i'm still really really happy :D

AOEforme
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Congrats!!!! That's so exciting. I loved, loved, loved formal!

OHNOITSJESS
03-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I spent 5 hours looking at pictures of coolers yesterday, and trying to figure out what goodies to get him :)
I think some of his favorite brews, cookies, and 'face' cupcakes should do :)

Rubberduckie
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
My neck hurts so, so bad today. I have no idea what I did. :(

AOEforme
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I still have not gotten my Pharmacology grade back yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

AOEforme
04-20-2011, 08:34 AM
We have a mandatory board class today and it's over a year until I have to take Step 1. I have 6 exams next week, so today will basically just give me another thing to tweak about this week.

OHNOITSJESS
04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
K. after seeing all the toasts from the W&M Panhel. toast thread here's what i came up with for us.

Version 1:
Here’s to all the women of A Omega E
Our bonds are ever strengthened in our sorority
To the white, the silver, and the royal blue
May we always keep striving to stay forever true.

Version 2:
The parallelogram, the dolphin, and the three rings too
May we always keep striving to keep our promise true.

ETA: these are just drafts. its hard thinking of things when you have 3 colors, 3 flowers, and a parallelogram as symbols :P

any other ideas?

AOEforme
04-23-2011, 09:33 AM
K. after seeing all the toasts from the W&M Panhel. toast thread here's what i came up with for us.

Version 1:
To the white, the silver, and the royal blue
May we always keep striving to stay forever true.

Version 2:
The parallelogram, the dolphin, and the three rings too
May we always keep striving to keep our promise true.

ETA: these are just drafts. its hard thinking of things when you have 3 colors, 3 flowers, and a parallelogram as symbols :P

any other ideas?

I love it!!!!

OHNOITSJESS
05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
My Alumna ceremony is today. :(
Waterproof Eye Makeup, Check

AOEforme
05-04-2011, 07:01 AM
How did it go? I sobbed during mine. It's so sad.

Congratulations on alumna status though! Calla lilies to you, Jess!

OHNOITSJESS
05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
is it bad that i'm cross referencing Potential Grad schools with schools with (or would be good places to start) A.O.E. chapters?? :P
Of course that wouldn't be the deciding factor but it would be nice :)

and I'm trying for a job in Madison...:O

AOEforme
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
is it bad that i'm cross referencing Potential Grad schools with schools with (or would be good places to start) A.O.E. chapters?? :P
Of course that wouldn't be the deciding factor but it would be nice :)

and I'm trying for a job in Madison...:O

If you get a job in Madison, I would die of happiness! So would you (when it wasn't winter).

I'm sure the DoE wouldn't mind if that WAS the deciding factor. :D

OHNOITSJESS
05-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Eek. The fact that I'm graduating didn't start to hit until I tried on my cap + gown + stole + cords. Scary!

I think it'll fully settle in when I'm driving back home with my family.

OHNOITSJESS
05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm getting into recording (singing) for fun :)
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedRaiderGirl

AOEforme
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm getting into recording (singing) for fun :)
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedRaiderGirl

Love it! you are so talented!

AOEforme
06-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I LOVE ICU work. Especially NICU. I am currently absolutely in love with work!

AOEforme
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
If I have to look at one more EKG today, someone might get hurt.... I'm very sick of trying to read them

OHNOITSJESS
12-06-2011, 10:31 AM
GRE today. I'm pretty nervous :/

AOEforme
12-07-2011, 05:19 PM
GRE today. I'm pretty nervous :/

How did it go? I'm sure you rocked it!

OHNOITSJESS
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
:) i hope so. it wasn't too bad

OHNOITSJESS
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I got a job! I start on Monday!!

I'm also working on grad school apps to go to school at UT Arlington. (Do we need a chapter there ;) ) and I'm also figuring out a savings plan to buy a MacBookPro :D

I feel more grown up! :P

AOEforme
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM
How has your job been going?

OHNOITSJESS
03-19-2012, 09:12 AM
It's great! I haven't been on in foreverrr. How's Med School?

Rubberduckie
06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I am loving the weather and the chance for relaxation. :)

OHNOITSJESS
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I am loving the weather and the chance for relaxation. :)

I'm not sure what is going on with the weather here. Part humid, part hot, some rain. All gross.

OHNOITSJESS
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I found this web comic written by an Alumna of our Eta chapter

http://www.wastedtalent.ca/

Some actually mention A.O.E. :)

AOEforme
08-17-2012, 10:11 AM
SO glad to have a day off!

OHNOITSJESS
08-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I keep wondering why we don't have any new colonies yet.... Then I remembered semester hasn't started.*

AOEforme
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I keep wondering why we don't have any new colonies yet.... Then I remembered semester hasn't started.*

Hahahahaha. Same! They've been popping up like crazy!

OHNOITSJESS
08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I finally got my first Lilly Pulitzer clothing items. WOOT. I got a pair of pink seersucker shorts and 3 shirts

A Dolphin Tale
12-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I know this thread is old but I like it :)

1) Christmas is coming entirely too quickly this year. It's already the 21st!
2) Instead of snow, we are getting rain and small amounts of flooding. I was really looking forward to sledding when I got home after finals were over!

Also, I heard something about a new A.O.E. website coming soon, is this true? That's kind of exciting :)

OHNOITSJESS
12-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Also, I heard something about a new A.O.E. website coming soon, is this true? That's kind of exciting :)

Definitely true :) It's a work in progress but it is happening.

A Dolphin Tale
01-07-2014, 12:55 AM
So much to do before classes (and recruitment) kick-off next week!

Also, this freezing weather is horrible (negative numbers are for golf, not the thermometer!), but at least I don't feel so bad staying cuddled with a blanket on the couch watching Netflix :)

AOEforme
01-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Also, this freezing weather is horrible (negative numbers are for golf, not the thermometer!), but at least I don't feel so bad staying cuddled with a blanket on the couch watching Netflix :)

True story! I thought moving further south would keep me away from negative temperatures. :rolleyes:

Oh well: I got a cold day today and I am thoroughly enjoying it (and catching up on my paperwork for rotations). It's probably my last one!

A Dolphin Tale
01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, are there any better quality photos of our badge options floating around out there? All I can find are the HJGreek photos but they aren't the best.

AOEforme
02-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Just out of curiosity, are there any better quality photos of our badge options floating around out there? All I can find are the HJGreek photos but they aren't the best.

I'm not sure! I don't even think they have all the badge options currently available on the website...

A Dolphin Tale
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Really? That's interesting. I do like the options we have, though :)