PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Tau Wins Homecoming

Betarulz!
10-20-2001, 11:50 PM
Hey guys thought I'd spread the good news--We won not only the lawn display but also Homecoming overall here at Nebraska. If you want to see a pic of the display head over to http://www.unl.edu/alumni click on the Homecoming link and then on the Homecoming Herby award. This contest was done by the Alumni Association and not part of the rest of the homecoming judging but it does have pictures of the displays. Sig Ep won this but only b/c our picture isn't done justice by the snapshot. How could a life size combine truely be given justice?

Anyway the pic shows our combine mowing down our remaining opponents along with roses at the end (signifying the Rose Bowl) and then coming out the auger are the years in which we've won the National Championship. What you can't see from the pic is the giant N that is on the front of the Cab of the combine or the cornstalks that we staked in our yard, and you can just barely make out our mascot sticking out the top.

It was a great end to a great week--we put in so much work (we were the only house on campus to completely tissue paper our display) and really we deserved it, and it was awesome having people walk past and do :eek: :eek: (a double take)

ZZ-kai-
10-22-2001, 10:10 AM
Congratulations on your homecoming victory. You really have a strong house! I have been there, and I must admit, it is one of the finest I have seen. Keep up the good work, and good luck with pledging.

-kai-

ZZ-kai-

Miami1839
10-22-2001, 10:19 PM
Congrats Alpha Tau!! Snaps on Homecoming. I've never been to Nebraska and from what ZZ-kai- says you guys should be very proud. Keep working hard because some day you will know the true meaning of beta. At least what ZZ-kai- and I share :)

-Kai-

Kevin
a.k.a cha-cha, a.k.a king helmut
EM -106-