PDA

View Full Version : Depressing songs

Curiousgirl
10-11-2001, 05:20 AM
What songs make you feel depressed, sad or can deflate a happy mood quickly?

1. Joy Division - Love will tear us apart
2. Bob Dylan - don't think twice , it's alright

Moochagoo
10-11-2001, 05:25 AM
The original version of "Without You" by Badfinger. What makes it more tragic is that the band members killed themselves or went nuts! Now the song is stolen by that mad chick Mariah Carey where alot of its poignancy has been lost.

Lou Reed's "A Perfect Day". The tone is sad in the beginning. Just as the lyrics become promising and upbeat the tone changes back to the gloomy warning "You're gonna reap what you sew". Creepy!!!

U2's "Exit" vividly describes a person contemplating suicide.

"The Ode to Billy Joe" Macallister who jumped off the Tallahassy Bridge.

"I'll sail this ship alone" Beautiful South. Sad throughout ends distressingly and abruptly with "...if I set myself on fire, would you come running back?"

The Nick Cave & Kylie number "The Wild Rose" is quite spooky, sad and depressing. His love and possibly contempt for his Eliza Day is so intense that he grabs a rock and smashes her to death by the riverside where they just had a romantic interlude.

Sting's "Children's Crusade" and "Russians":p

justamom
10-11-2001, 08:10 AM
Dan Hill wrote too many to list...
Love Has No Pride- Linda Ronstadt
Is That All there Is?- Peggy Lee
17-Janis- Ian (sp?)
Alone Again, Naturally-
Funny Girl -Barbara

I could name 50 more off the top of my head.
Did everyone else go through periods where the majority of music you listened to was sad songs? (like after a breakup or such)

Lil_G
10-11-2001, 03:00 PM
spender - i think god can explain
joydrop - sometimes wanna die

SigmaChiCard
10-11-2001, 03:06 PM
Don't think twice is an awesome song!

You know how people make thir SO's cds, well the last one I put that song as first (I made it pissed off one day just before we split up), recommended if you ever want to make a cd that will get to 'em

I concur with the Lou Reed of VU down for "Perfect Day"
but also all boy band songs depress me because of the state and direction of music's future.

KillarneyRose
10-11-2001, 04:12 PM
My sad song is "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder circa 1984. It was on the radio ALL THE TIME while I was being brutally dumped by my first "real boyfriend". Funny, I don't give a hoot where that guy is today or what he's up to, but I still can't stand to listen to that song!!!

PS This is the first time I've told anyone this; GC is so cathartic ;)

moe.ron
10-12-2001, 04:06 AM
Any song by Barbra Streisand will make me wan't to jump out of a window. Also with Celine Dion.

KSigkid
10-14-2001, 09:20 PM
Not too many people know this song, but "Black Muddy River" by the Grateful Dead. It's Jerry Garcia singing, it's just tremendously depressing. Download/listen to it, let me know what you think. It's an awsome song, and I'm not even a Dead fan, but it's depressing as anything.

AGDLynn
10-14-2001, 10:02 PM
I know that lots of people have it at their weddings, but I think the song, esp. the draggy-ness (yes, I know it's not a real word, lol.)

Sounds more like a funeral dirge.:(

DeltAlum
10-16-2001, 02:07 AM
Agreeing with Justamom ... Seventeen by Janis Ian is the ultimate teenage bummer song. Pretty well sums up the bad parts of the teenage experience.

To go back to the roots of rock and roll as they say on the radio,
Teen Angel by Mark Dinning and Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson.

Speaking of dirges, another song few have heard is Requiem for the Masses by the Association.

I'll be thinking of more, I'm sure -- another one that just popped into my head is Long, Long Time by Linda Ronstadt.

How about Peter, Paul and Mary's, Leavin on a Jet Plane, written by John Denver.

OK, enough showing of my age.

Oops...Donna by Richie Valens.

juniorgrrl
10-16-2001, 10:44 AM
Lots of songs, that were okay before have become very depressing since Sept. 11:

The Eagles - New York Minute ("In a New York Minute, everything can change...In a New York Minute, things can look so strange...")
Those lyrics have been haunting me since then.

Neil Diamond - September Morning - Yeah, the song itself isn't depressing, but the title alone gets to me.

R.E.M. - Its the End Of the World - 'nuff said on that one :(

There is one song that should get more exposure due to its total awesomeness. They Might Be Giants - New York City. They did it in concert here in BR a few weeks ago. The lyrics are so wonderful: "Everyone is my friend, in New York City, and everything is so beautiful when you're young and pretty. The streets are paved with diamonds and there's just so much to see, but the best thing about New York City is you and me"

They closed with that song. A great tribute from two guys from NYC. :)

SigmaChiCard
10-16-2001, 10:48 AM
well, in line with juniorgrrl, I'd have to say that "Tuesday's Gone" is depressing when thought about with respect to 11 Sept.

The1calledTKE
10-16-2001, 12:01 PM
What about R.E.M's everybody hurts? Thats depressing too.

xok85xo
10-17-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by KSigkid
Not too many people know this song, but "Black Muddy River" by the Grateful Dead. It's Jerry Garcia singing, it's just tremendously depressing. Download/listen to it, let me know what you think. It's an awsome song, and I'm not even a Dead fan, but it's depressing as anything.

That song makes me cry pretty much every time I hear it..
also...at the end "Box of Rain", the line that goes 'such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there" makes me cry too, because it reminds me so much of Jerry..

shadokat
10-17-2001, 01:58 PM
I don't know why, but "Had a Bad Day Again" by Fuel and "You Won't Be Mine" by Matchbox Twenty. Both are depressing as hell...

What's this "Don't Think Twice" song?

AlphaGam1019
10-17-2001, 02:10 PM
I think alot of Silverchair songs are pretty depressing.

SigmaChiCard
10-17-2001, 02:55 PM
"Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" is a song Bob Dylan wrote about leaving his female-friend in the middle of the night and in his voice in this song, you can really hear how he hurts. It seems everyone in the world has covered this song, Radiohead, Peter, Paul and Mary, and a few more whose names I cannot think of right now, but the original is far superior. One verse goes like this though:

"I'm walking down that long, lonesome road, babe
Where I'm bound, I can't tell
But goodbye's too good a word, gal
So I'll just say 'Fare thee well'
I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could've done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"

I'm a HUGE Dylan fan, I've seen him 3 times which is every time he's been remotely near in the last 7 years or so, each time with my pops, but his new rockin' style lacks all truly creative energy he once had, he's a man on decline, sadly. However, another two of his very best songs, but that are both depressing as hell is "Percy's Song" and "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll." "Percy's Song" is about his buddy going to jail for 99 years for "manslaughter, in the higest of degrees" when he was in a car accident claiming the lives of 4 others. "The Lonesome...." is about an Aristocrat going free for Murder One, when he slays his maid out of fury from a dinner discussion, and does it at dinner. The way these two songs are juxtaposed on the Dylan box set is pretty damn depressing as well. I presume it to be intentional, but I wonder...

Dejajeva
10-17-2001, 03:31 PM
Send in the Clowns-

That's the most depressing song I've ever heard in my entire life.

However, I also think it's an incredibly beautiful and well done, depending on Artist singing it. It has amazing flow.

Always,
Jess

greeklawgirl
10-17-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SigmaChiCard
"Percy's Song" is about his buddy going to jail for 99 years for "manslaughter, in the higest of degrees" when he was in a car accident claiming the lives of 4 others.

That reminds me of Bruce Springsteen's entire "Nebraska" album. Brilliant, but it can make you want to crawl under your bed and not come out for a few days. "Johnny 99" is especially depressing, about a man who is laid off of his job and in a drunken rage shoots a clerk at a convenience store. When the judge sentences him to 99 years in prison, the man answers:
"Now, judge, judge I got debts no honest man could pay
The bank was holding my mortgage,
they were going to take my house away.
I'm not saying that makes me an innocent man,
but it was more than all this that put that gun in my hand.
Your honor, I do believe I'd be better off dead,
And if you can take a man's life for the thoughts that's in his head
Then sit back in that chair and think it over, Judge, one more time,
And let 'em shave off my hair and put me on that execution line."

I'm listening to it right now. I think I'm going to fix a drink. :(

KappaStargirl
10-17-2001, 04:52 PM
oh most definitely the depressing-est song I know is "Stan" by Eminem.

When I was in college and grad school I often felt as though I was living in a Stevie Nicks song...most often "Sometimes it's a Bitch" or "Two Kinds of Love" ("And don't you know/as you walk on by/the great temptations never really die")

One of the songs that brings back happy memories is "A Land Down Under" by Men at Work...heehee every time I hear it I remember dancing to it on a coffee table at the Delt house during Rush. And for driving on the 405, there's no other song than "Red Barchetta" by Rush. Different songs bring back different memories, I guess.

Senusret I
01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Poetry Man, Phoebe Snow:
The Other Woman, Nina Simone
Next Lifetime, Erykah Badu
Easy to be Hard, Movie Soundtrack from "Hair"
One Mo 'Gin, D'Angelo

AXJules
01-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Ok, I mentioned this once before-
"Something Vague" by Bright Eyes will make you kill yourself. I'm talking, slit my wrist with a fork/hang myself by my shoelaces b/c it's so sad.

PhiPsiRuss
01-02-2004, 07:55 PM
No one mentions Pink Floyd? No one makes music more depressing than Pink Floyd. Try The Gunner's Dream off of their most depressing album, The Final Cut.

floating down through the clouds
memories come rushing up to meet me now
in the space between the heavens
and the corner of some foreign field
i had a dream
i had a dream
goodbye max
goodbye ma
after the service when your walking slowly to the car
and the silver in her hair shines in the cold november air
you hear the tolling bell
and touch the silk in your lapel
and as the tear drops rise the meet the comfort of the band
you take her frail hand
and hold on to the dream

a place to stay
enough to eat
somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
where you can speak out loud
about your hopes and fears
and what's more no-one ever disappears
you never hear their standard issue kicking in your door
you can relax on both sides of the tracks
and maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
and everyone has recourse to the law
and no-one kills the children anymore
and no-one kills the children anymore

night after night
going round and round my brain
his dream is driving me insane
in the corner of some foreign field
the gunner sleeps tonight
whats done is done
we cannot just write off his final scene
take heed of his dream
take heed

Taualumna
01-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Canadian singer Michelle Wright's "He Will Be Sixteen" about a woman (girl, really. According to the lyrics, she's a high school student) who gave up her baby for adoption.

Chorus is:

"He would be sixteen
The son she never knew
It hurt so much to give him up
But what else could she do
He would be sixteen "

Sister Havana
01-02-2004, 08:59 PM
No one's mentioned "Cat's In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin. That song always makes me feel sad.

FiReKraCkEr
01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
'She Just Wept' by Star Sailor
'Lighting Crashes' by Live
'Brick' by Ben Fold Five

xok85xo
01-02-2004, 09:14 PM
pretty much any song by dashboard confessional makes me want to slit my wrists ;)

Lady Pi Phi
01-02-2004, 11:41 PM
"Free Bird" is another sad song.

tinydancer
01-03-2004, 12:03 AM
The Dangling Conversation by Simon and Garfunkle. The words are really pretty sad, I think.

And how the room is softly fading
And I only kiss your shadow
I cannot feel your hand
You're a stranger now unto me
Lost in the dangling conversation...

Sounds too much like two people growing farther and farther apart.:(

MeLikey
01-03-2004, 03:15 PM
One Sweet Day - Mariah Carrey and Boys II Men

This Used to Be My Playground - Madonna (even more depressing when you watch the end of A League of Their Own and the song's playing)

PM_Mama00
01-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by FiReKraCkEr
'She Just Wept' by Star Sailor
'Lighting Crashes' by Live
'Brick' by Ben Fold Five

I was just thinking of Brick. That song is so sad especially if it hits home... it doesn't... nevermind too hard to explain.

I find a lot of Nirvana's songs depressing. Maybe it's just knowing that the fame we fans gave Kurt, made him hit the edge.

Landslide by I forgot her name! But definately not Chicks on Dix. They ruined that song for me. If you don't find that song depressing, watch Jack Frost.

GeoffZ
01-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Landslide by I forgot her name!
Stevie Nicks originally sang "Landslide"

"One Sweet Day" Mariah Carey & Boys II Men
"Outside" Mariah Carey
"Candle in the Wind" Elton John
"The Scientist" Coldplay
"Daydream Believer" Mary Beth Maziarz (Dawson's Creek Soundtrak Version)

layla2728
01-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Hand Me Down (by matchbox twenty) and Here Without You (by 3 Doors Down) both tend to really depress me, even though they are two of my favorite songs.

Colonist
01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Mad World - Gary Jules from Donnie Darko

My roomate jokingly calls it "slit your wrist music"

33girl
01-03-2004, 06:41 PM
"Holding Back the Years" by Simply Red. It's a beautiful song, but damn is it sad.

honeychile
01-03-2004, 06:55 PM
"Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
"Hey There, Lonely Girl" (I forget the artist, I literally CANNOT listen to that song!)
"White Christmas" by Bing Cosby
"Sad Eyes" (I forget this artist, too, same reason)

A whole lot more that I can't remember right now.

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" is one of my best karaoke songs! My fiance & I live in different cities, and when we're at karaoke, all of our friends find it so touching when I sing it!

TCV
01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
"How Soon Is Now" by The Smiths is definitely depressing.
:( TCV

PM_Mama00
01-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Everytime by Britney Spears. Seriously. I'm listening to it right now, thinkign of my ex. You gota read the lyrics.

honeychile
01-03-2004, 10:35 PM
About 90% of Phil Collins' songs could be subtitled, "Songs as you take to the bridge"!

I'm really, really bad at naming songs, or I'd list a few.

PM_Mama00
01-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by honeychile
About 90% of Phil Collins' songs could be subtitled, "Songs as you take to the bridge"!

I'm really, really bad at naming songs, or I'd list a few.

Against All Odds definately.

James
01-03-2004, 11:53 PM
This song by roberta Flack will put me in a gloriously melancholy mood . . .Just read the words . . Someone did a remake not too long ago but her version was more poignant.

Killing Me Softly

I heard he sang a good song
I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him
To listen for a while
And there he was this young boy
A stranger to my eyes
Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words

I felt all flushed with fever
Embarassed by the crowd
I felt he found my letters
And read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish
But he just kept right on

He sang as if he knew me
In all my dark despair
And then he looked right through me
As if I wasnt there
But he was there this stranger
Singing clear and strong

PhiPsiRuss
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by James
Killing Me Softly
I heard he sang a good songI heard he had a styleAnd so I came to see himTo listen for a whileAnd there he was this young boyA stranger to my eyesStrumming my pain with his fingersSinging my life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songKilling me softly with his songTelling my whole life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songI felt all flushed with feverEmbarassed by the crowdI felt he found my lettersAnd read each one out loudI prayed that he would finishBut he just kept right onStrumming my pain with his fingersSinging my life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songKilling me softly with his songTelling my whole life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songHe sang as if he knew meIn all my dark despairAnd then he looked right through meAs if I wasnt thereBut he was there this strangerSinging clear and strongStrumming my pain with his fingersSinging my life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songKilling me softly with his songTelling my whole life with his wordsKilling me softly with his song
Only when sung by Roberta Flack. Further proof how the music industry has been in the crapper for many, many years.

ETA I mean that Roberta Flack got it right, and The Fugees fcuked it up by completely failing to credibly interpret the lyrics.

SparkliiQTMTSU
01-04-2004, 12:20 AM
officially missing you by tamia is a really sad song to me right now cause my bf is like gone and has been for the past couple months up in MI with his parents, i see him every once in awhile but its very rare :( so everytime I hear this song it makes me sad!

Nichole

Jill1228
01-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Sad Eyes is by a British singer named Leo Sayer

Other depressing songs
"Look Away" by Chicago (it was popular around the time my first love dumped me after almost 3 years)
"where do broken hearts go" by Whitney Houston (ditto about the first love)
"The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics (it is about the estrangement between a father and son...and BOY I can relate to that one)

"One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and "A Change Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke (reminds me of my Uncle Clarence's funeral)

Originally posted by honeychile
"Sad Eyes" (I forget this artist, too, same reason)

A whole lot more that I can't remember right now.

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" is one of my best karaoke songs! My fiance & I live in different cities, and when we're at karaoke, all of our friends find it so touching when I sing it!

Peaches-n-Cream
01-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Depeche Mode songs are depressing. I think that they perfected music to slit your wrists to. I remember when I was in college someone had been dumped and decided to play "Somebody" so loudly that everyone in that section of the campus could hear it all day long. It was very depressing. "Blasphemous Rumours" is one of their most depressing songs.

Blasphemous Rumours

Girl of sixteen, whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists, bored with life
Didn’t succeed, thank the lord
For small mercies
Fighting back the tears, mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind
She takes the blame, it’s always the same
She goes down on her knees and prays
I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that god’s got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing
Girl of eighteen, fell in love with everything
Found new life in jesus christ
Hit by a car, ended up
On a life support machine
Summer’s day, as she passed away
Birds were singing in the summer sky
Then came the rain, and once again
A tear fell from her mother’s eye
I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that god’s got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing

_Opi_
01-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Uhm...any song by Nirvana...and it doesnt even have to be the lyrics to the song..just watching the video or listening to the beats..it's so sad its damn near suicidal!

Hold on - the good charlottes (?) sad sad song..
Perfect - Simple plan (one of my new fave songs) but its also sad if you can relate to it.

Russell, I dunno, I really liked The fugee remix to the song, maybe cuz of Lauryn's voice!

dzsaigirl
01-04-2004, 05:03 PM
I am not a depressed person, but I LOVE depressing songs. For some reason, they tend to be more musically interesting.

Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

Marianne - Tori Amos

Winter - also Tori Amos

Not the Red Baron - also....Tori Amos

"Not The Red Baron"
"Not the Red Baron Not Charlie Brown
Think I got the message figured
Another pilot down
And are there devils
with halos
In beautiful capes
Taking them into the flames
Not Judy G
Not Jean Jean with a hallowed heart
I see that screen go
Down in the flames
With every step
with every beautiful heel pointed

Not the Red Baron I'm sure
Not Charlie's wonderful dog
Not anyone I really know
Just another pilot down
Maybe I'll just sing him a last little sound
many there know some girls with red ribbons
The prettiest
Red
Ribbons"

That song reminds me of Sept. 11 :(

PhiPsiRuss
01-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by _Opi_
Russell, I dunno, I really liked The fugee remix to the song, maybe cuz of Lauryn's voice!
I probably made too strong of a statement, and should clarify what I mean. Its not that the Fugee's remix of the song has no artistic validity, or that its not worthy of being liked. My issue is the failure of the music to convey the same emotions as the lyrics.

Its kind like watching a love scene in a movie, and the background music is the William Tell Overture (Lone Ranger theme.) The acting may be great, and the music may be great, but they are out of context with each other.

Also, there is an art of interpreting lyrics. Frank Sinatra is especially known for this. Not because he was the best, but because his singing voice was considered good, but not great. So, the one aspect of Sinatra's talent that stood out, was what attracted so many people to his singing; The way he sung the lyrics like it was his story, and like it came from his heart.

PM_Mama00
01-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by _Opi_
Uhm...any song by Nirvana...and it doesnt even have to be the lyrics to the song..just watching the video or listening to the beats..it's so sad its damn near suicidal!

Hold on - the good charlottes (?) sad sad song..
Perfect - Simple plan (one of my new fave songs) but its also sad if you can relate to it.

The first time I saw the video for Hold On I cried uncontrollably. Seriously sobbed.

I forgot to mention Adam's Song by Blink 182.

RioLambdaAlum
01-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Let's see hmmm....only wanna name a few....or should i just pick one....how about.....
fading like a flower...by roxette
what about love....by heart
listen to your heart....by roxette

i know a ton more lol

honeychile
01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Listening to an oldies station today, I heard both

Taxi (Harry Chapin) and
Same Auld Lang Syne (Dan Fogelberg)

Edited because I can never get a song's name straight! :rolleyes:

Lady Pi Phi
01-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jill1228
"The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics (it is about the estrangement between a father and son...and BOY I can relate to that one)

That's a sad song. even just thinking about it makes me cry.

MareImbrium
01-06-2004, 01:27 AM
The Promise - Tracey Chapman
Make It Real - The Jets
I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me - Expose
If You're Not the One - Daniel Bedingfield
Dream About You - Stevie B

33girl
01-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Geez, I can't believe we all forgot about this one (especially the fellows of a certain age). "Wasted Time" by the Eagles. This song makes me want to drink an entire bottle of Jack Daniels, ingest copious amounts of legal and/or illegal drugs, and jump off the nearest bridge. Simultaneously.

"Late For the Sky" by Jackson Browne & "Jungleland" by Bruce are in the same vein, but they're more songs where you can get depressed with a whole group. "Wasted Time" is just so personal.

Lil' Hannah
01-06-2004, 10:54 AM
"Black" - Pearl Jam
"Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me" by The Smiths

Last night I dreamt
That somebody loved me
No hope - but no harm
Just another false alarm
Last night I felt
Real arms around me
No hope - no harm
Just another false alarm
So, tell me how long
Before the last one?
This story is old - I know
But it goes on

PM_Mama00
01-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
"Black" - Pearl Jam
"Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me" by The Smiths

Black reminds me of this friend I had in junior high. His mother had died and he would listen to that when he thought of her.

Sister Havana
01-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh yes, the Smiths have so many depressing songs!

"Asleep" is another one.

TCV
01-06-2004, 02:30 PM
"Love Song" by the Cure but I think it just his voice that makes Cure's songs depressing.

TCV

layla2728
01-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 33girl
Geez, I can't believe we all forgot about this one (especially the fellows of a certain age). "Wasted Time" by the Eagles. This song makes me want to drink an entire bottle of Jack Daniels, ingest copious amounts of legal and/or illegal drugs, and jump off the nearest bridge. Simultaneously.

"Late For the Sky" by Jackson Browne & "Jungleland" by Bruce are in the same vein, but they're more songs where you can get depressed with a whole group. "Wasted Time" is just so personal.

Sooooo true. Last Resort (also by the Eagles) is pretty sad too, as is Desperado, but Wasted Time takes the cake :)

(The Eagles are my favorite band... however, I'm 20... probably not the "certain age" you were thinking of!)

FiReKraCkEr
01-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Staind's 'Ephiphany'

"Your words to me just a whisper
Your faces so unclear
I try to pay attention
Your words just disappear

'Cause its always raining in my head
Forget all the thing's I should have said

So I speak to you in riddles because
My words get in my way. I smoke the
whole thing to my head and feel it
wash away 'cause i don't take anymore
or this, I want to come apart.
or dig myself a little hole inside
your precious heart

Forget all the things I should have said

I am nothing more than a little boy inside
That cries out for attention
though I always try to hide
'Cause I talk to you like children,
Though I don't know how I feel
But I know I'll do the right thing
If the right thing is revealed

Forget all the things I should have said"

And...

OLP's 'Selling My Soul'

"How do you feel
How do you hate
How do you wake up with
That smile that's on your face
Out on the moon
If I was an astronaut
Could I get back to you
I¡¯m out of my head
I¡¯m out of excuses so I¡¯m staring at
The bed, and it's you, it¡¯s you
I hold on I hold on
I can't let go of you
I hold on I hold on
I¡¯d sell my soul for you
I¡¯m losing my heart
I¡¯m losing my pride
I¡¯d burn our initials
In the sun if it would shine
I need a fresh start
¡®Cause I was in heaven until
This world fell apart

I¡¯m out on the run
I¡¯m out in this empty space
Since all of this begun
Well I tried, I tried

Nothing seems to help
Nothing seems to work
Nothing is as beautiful
I¡¯m old enough to take
all the blame
For all the mistakes
All the games and
All the faces
I¡¯m bleeding by myself
But I¡¯m okay"

tnxbutterfly
01-10-2004, 08:20 PM
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt

TigerLilly
01-10-2004, 08:48 PM
"Cup of Coffee" by Garbage -- do NOT listen to this song if you're going through a breakup or recently have.

I also agree about "Cat's in the Cradle" (except I think I have a more modern version...who did the original?) and Ben Fold's "Brick".