PDA

View Full Version : Maria:

Lisa Fishman
09-19-2001, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your nice wishes!!! Fasting is so hard, sometimes I even cheat!!! (Shame on me!) I'm glad you like matzah ball soup!!! It really is an aquired taste.

I have a funny story to share: When I was very young (2-3 years old), my family invited several families (friends) to share Passover with us. One of the little boys took his matzah ball out of the bowl. He took the matzah ball to my hamster's cage and fed it to the little rodent. My dad went to see the hamster the next a.m. only to find him dead. The matzah ball killed him!!! I still see this friend of mine and we laugh about that from nearly 30 years ago!!!

Take care, Lisa

greeklawgirl
09-19-2001, 07:18 PM
Oh my goodness, Lisa! What was in that matzo ball? Poor little hamster...it was souped to death.

I LOVE matzo ball soup! Not only do I love it, I've gotten my husband into it too! Everytime we go to our local deli, we order big ol' bowls of it, and they serve the soup with matzo the size of softballs. We have have a jar of the ready made Manichewitz (sp?) in our pantry when things get really desperate.

There's also always room in my tummy for a good brisket. Things were disappointing for me this year because I didn't get invited anywhere for Rosh Hashanah dinner. I love being the token Gentile at the table. (LOL, maybe I was switched at birth!)

Lisa Fishman
09-19-2001, 07:29 PM
Just don't drink Manachevitz wine!!!!! It's awful!!!!

AlphaGam1019
09-19-2001, 09:08 PM
Manachevitz wine is great! It's like port wine. I also like potato pancakes. YUM!